Atlantic City has many FREE activities and attractions that will add value to your group trip. Thunder Over the Boardwalk, our signature airshow, weekly in season entertainment on the Boardwalk and of course our free and protected white sandy beaches! Below is a list of ideas just waiting to be explored.
Free Things to Do
DO FREE IN AC
- Atlantic City Beaches – no beach fees (a rarity in NJ)
- The Atlantic City Airshow "Thunder Over the Boardwalk" blasts through the skies and is one of the most popular free things to do in New Jersey.
- The AC Boardwalk is the perfect place to stroll anytime, or ride bicycles (May 15 through September 30 from 6:30am to 10:00am, October 30 through May 14 from 6:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 7:00pm)
- Korean War Memorial Honors the contribution made to help gain freedoms for both the U.S. and South Korea, and Civil Rights Garden symbolizing the passion of the human spirit.
- Wind Farm Tours - ACUA (Atlantic County Utilities Authority) offers free open house tours of the New Jersey-Atlantic Wind Farm from July 10th to September 1st every Monday and Friday at 12 pm.
- Two hour Behind the Scenes Tour of the World's Largest Musical Instrument every Wednesday at 10:00am at Boardwalk Hall
- ½ Hour Organ Concerts and tours Monday - Friday at 12:00 May - September at Boardwalk Hall
- The Boardwalk Hall Light Show **More information to come
- Balic Winery in Mays Landing has free wine tastings 7 days a week
DO $10 AND UNDER
- Absecon Lighthouse - Tallest lighthouse in New Jersey - open for climbing 228 steps to the top
- Atlantic City Aquarium - Ocean oddities, sharks, sea anemones and more at Gardner's Basin
- Bicycle rentals - Permitted on the Boardwalk between 6:00 am and 10am daily May through September. Extended hours October through April.
- Boardwalk Arcades - A roll of quarters goes a long way at Central Pier or Playcade arcades
- Forsythe Wildlife Refuge - 43,000 acres of protected coastal habitat and nature trails in Galloway, New Jersey
- Historic Cold Spring Village - Open-air hands-on Early American living history museum in Cape May County
- Lucy the Elephant - Restored giant historic landmark first built in 1884, open for tours in Margate, New Jersey
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center - Rescues and rehabilitates stranded mammals and sea turtles in Brigantine, New Jersey
- Miniature Golf - 18 holes of world-class mini golf at AC's premier course on the Boardwalk at Mississippi
- Noyes Museum of Art - Fine art, crafts and folk art exhibits with a focus on the mid-Atlantic region
- Rainforest Café - Part tropical rainforest, part restaurant, with sweet treats for the kids for under $5!
- Rolling chair ride - See the Boardwalk sites being pushed by an attendant (fee based on distance)
- Skate Zone - Cool off on the Flyers Skate Zone ice rink as you skate or play ice hockey
- Tram rides on the Boardwalk - low cost alternative to getting around on the Atlantic City Boardwalk
- Tuckerton Seaport Museum - Working maritime museum with folk artisans and entertainment in Tuckerton, New Jersey
- Wetlands Institute - Guided beach walks, back bay boat rides, kayaking, animal shows and more in Cape May County
- Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center - Glass, ceramic, flamework, woodcarving artists at work in Millville, New Jersey.
- Chicken Bone Beach Concert Series - July 14th, 28th and August 3rd,11th, 25th
DO $20 AND UNDER
- AC Cruises - Back bay cruises, dolphin-watching trips or sunset happy hour cruises aboard Cruisin' 1
- A.J. Meerwald - NJ's Official Tall Ship offers sailing trips and classes while in Atlantic City waters
- Great American Trolley Tours - Take one of GA's fun trolley tours of the Jersey Shore
- IMAX Theater at Tropicana - Sit back, relax and enjoy a larger-than-life movie releases
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! - Popular odditorium and museum of weirdness for kids of all ages
- Steel Pier - AC's landmark amusement pier on the Boardwalk with thrill rides and games of chance
- Storybook Land - Just outside of AC (and just over $20), amusement park based on nursery rhymes