Atlantic City has many FREE activities, attractions and experiences that will add value to your trip. Below is a list of ideas just waiting to be explored.
Free Things to Do
FREE THINGS TO DO
- Atlantic City Beaches – No beach fees, EVER! Breathe in the salty air or take a walk on our clean and white sandy beaches.
- Atlantic City Boardwalk – Historic, wooden and seven miles long. Stroll the wooden way by foot, bicycle, the legendary rolling chair or watch the tram car please!
- Bass Pro Shops – Bass Pro Shops has a 13,000 gallon fresh water fish tank featuring fish found in and around New Jersey along with murals depicting wildlife and natural scenes from the Atlantic City region.
- Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall Pipe Organ Tour and Recital - Boardwalk Hall houses the largest musical instrument on earth. More powerful than a dozen orchestras, it can both whisper and thunder into the 5.5 million cubic feet of air space in the main arena. (Temporarily suspended)
- Historic Smithville Village - Expand your horizons and take a short 25 minute drive north to the historic Smithville Village in Galloway, NJ. Stroll the cobblestone pathways and beautiful manicured grounds as you visit over 40 unique shops and boutiques.
- Mural Tour - Atlantic City is home to more than 50 murals. Stories behind the artists’ works are as touching and moving as the murals they create and these permanent public works of art show the heartbeat of Atlantic City. Use this map to take a tour of over 50 murals created by local, regional, and global artists as part of the 48 Blocks AC program a division of the Atlantic City Arts Foundation.
- The Atlantic City Experience - Located in the lobby of Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall explore the history of Atlantic City via a dynamic and vibrant exhibit located steps off the boardwalk. (Temporarily suspended)
- Korean War Memorial - Honors the contribution made to help gain freedoms for both the U.S. and South Korea, and Civil Rights Garden symbolizing the passion of the human spirit.
- Wind Farm Tours - ACUA (Atlantic County Utilities Authority) offers free open house tours of the Jersey-Atlantic Wind Farm every Monday and Friday at 12 p.m. through August 30. No appointment necessary! (Temporarily suspended)
- World War I Memorial - Located at South Albany and Ventnor Avenues the memorial built in 1922 to honor World War I veterans from Atlantic City houses a 9 foot tall bronze statue "Liberty in Distress".
$10 & UNDER
- Absecon Lighthouse - The majestic Absecon Lighthouse stands at 171 feet tall and boasts as New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse. Climb until you can’t climb anymore because the 228 steps are worth the views at the top.
- Atlantic City Aquarium - Ocean oddities, sharks, sea anemones and more located in Gardner's Basin.
- Central Pier Arcade and Speedway - Features one of the largest over and under racetracks with NASCAR-style go karts.
- Forsythe Wildlife Refuge - 43,000 acres of protected coastal habitat and nature trails in Galloway, New Jersey.
- Atlantic City Jitney - In need of an affordable, safe and ecological mode of transportation? The iconic Atlantic City Jitney is the answer. Powered by compressed natural gas, this people mover runs throughout the city and to and from the Atlantic City International airport.
- Lucy the Elephant - Restored giant historic landmark first built in 1884, open for tours in Margate, New Jersey.
- Atlantic City Miniature Golf - 18 holes of world-class mini golf at AC's premier course on the Boardwalk at Mississippi.
- Noyes Arts Garage of Stockton University - Fine art, crafts and folk art exhibits and home to the African American Heritage Museum, Mississippi and Fairmount Avenues.
- The Wheel at Steel Pier - One pier, one wheel, endless fun…walk onto one of the 40 climate controlled gondolas on Atlantic City’s newest attraction, The Wheel. The third largest Wheel in the United States lights up the ever-changing skyline of Atlantic City and offers sweeping views. Pro tip: Purchase tickets for a sunset ride so you can catch beautiful cotton candy skies.
$20 & UNDER
- AC Cruises - Board the Cruisin’ 1 boat where you can choose from a range of exclusive tours. Cruise along for a morning skyline tour where the vantage point is like no other. Get up close and personal with the dolphin watching cruise and catch the mammal’s frolicking in the open seas. If an afternoon or happy hour cruise is more your speed, look no further. Each cruise offers something for everyone.
- Historic Cold Spring Village - Open-air hands-on early American living history museum in Cape May County.
- Jersey Shore Tours - Offers walking tours of beaches, buildings, and Boardwalks in Atlantic City and Ocean City.
- IMAX Theater at Tropicana - Sit back, relax and enjoy a larger-than-life movie releases.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! - Popular odditorium and museum of weirdness for kids of all ages.
- Steel Pier - Located on the world-famous Boardwalk and steps from casino resorts, the historic Steel Pier will channel your inner youth with amusement rides you’ve loved as a kid and a chance to win that big stuffed animal you’ve dreamed about. While there take a spin on The Wheel or throw an axe at AC Axe & Pub (21 or older)!
*Under the direction of New Jersey Governor’s restart and recovery commission, Atlantic City is taking a responsible and multi-phased approach to reopening. Restrictions and capacities may be modified. Please check with all locations upon your visit.*